Hunter Moore created IsAnyoneUp.com, a website based on sharing explicit photos without consent.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Netflix’s “Most Hated Man on the Internet” is a three-part documentary-style series following Hunter Moore’s website, built on explicit photos used without consent.
“Determined to remove photos of her daughter from a revenge porn website, a persistent mother launches an online crusade to silence its cruel founder,” Netflix writes in its description.
Here are five things to know about the series.
5 things to know about “the internet’s most hated man”
- Hunter Moore, who owned and ran revenge porn site, IsAnyoneUp.com, is from Woodland, California. Woodland is in Yolo County and is about 15 miles northwest of Sacramento.
- Some of the photos Moore posted on his site were stolen by hacking. They often include names, addresses and employer information.
- The term “revenge porn” was coined because many images were posted by abandoned lovers seeking revenge on former partners.
- Moore appeared in federal court in Sacramento in 2014 and later pleaded guilty to aggravated identity theft and aiding and abetting unauthorized computer access.
- He was released from prison in May 2017. Moore wrote a book in 2018 called “Is Anyone Up!? The Story of Revenge Porn”. He is still banned from Facebook.
You can watch the full series on Netflix.
Watch more on ABC10: Placer County deputies are treating the disappearance of 16-year-old Kiely Rodni as a kidnapping
ABC10: watch, download, read
#Netflixs #Hated #Man #Internet